I realized this morning that I have an abundance of helpful adoption search links bookmarked on my laptop. Sharing is caring. So here are some of my favorite resources for finding your family.
Search & Support Sites
- International Soundex Reunion Registry – Free reunion registry (mail in registration)
- Family Search Internet Genealogy Service (Church of the Latter Day Saints) Free search tools and database
- Adoption Web Search – $10 registration fee
- Adoption.com Search & Reunion forums/blogs/links for search
- www.bastardnation.com Adoptee’s Rights Organization with search resources galore!
- Cyndi’s List Categorized list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- RootsWeb Searchable indexes for tracing your genealogy
- American Adoption Congress Offers a PDF document with support groups listed by state
People Locator Sites (perfect for surname searches by state/location)
Facebook Resources and Groups
- Find my Family Adoption Reunion Registry
- G’S Adoption Registry
- Adoption Free Search Angels
- Adoptees and Birth Mother Searching
- Adoptees Who Have Found their Biological Relatives (moderated by your favorite adoption blogger 😉 )
- ADOPTION SEARCH Registry (closed group- must request to join)
- Adoption Reunion Search and Support Group (closed group- must request to join)
- ADOPTION SEARCH HELPS & TIPS (closed group- must request to join)
If you are unsure where to start your search- I also recommend these adoptionfind posts-
Please email me if have a resource you would like added or questions about searching.- vbrunskill*at*gmail.com
Blessings for a productive search day,
Waving Backwards, a Savannah novel (SYP Publishing)
Imagine not knowing who you are,
until you find yourself in a statue 800-miles from home.
COMING TO Amazon/Kindle/Nook and a BOOKSTORE NEAR YOU JULY 2015